Saturday, March 23, 2013

Reminders from a Tarot Card

10 of Cups; Spiral Tarot by Kay Steventon


I enjoy tarot cards. Whatever card I randomly pull from a deck gives me something to think about, something for my mind to focus on. It's been a strategy for slowing my thoughts for many years. The scenes and symbols on the cards have often been a reminder that amazing and wonderful things are around me and I find that I need those reminders because I so easily loose sight of that beauty and love in the messy challenges of life.
Today I needed to step out of my normal life and escape for a moment into myself. The picture to the left is the card that came out of the deck I shuffling. The following is what I saw and what I felt as I mulled over the imagery.
A woman, half solid and half ethereal, directs your attention to golden chalices emerging from a large vase. The chalices and other material from the vase remind me of a fire-works display, the vase looks like clay, and the entire scene looks beautiful, loving, and joyful.
What does this mean for me? It reminds me to take a look around. The universe is offering up many things to be joyful for. Love is falling all around me and all I need to do is look where the spirit, whatever you believe it to be, is pointing. The tens mark the end of a cycle, though; the ace is inevitable. This time of wishes granted and dreams come true will only last for so long. The woman will fade away and she will cease to pull gifts from the earth for me until the next cycle come around.
I hope you find the picture and my impression of it as helpful and hopeful as I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment