Monday, May 27, 2013

A Little Politics

U.S. Politics

The link to keep up with news from the White House

The link to keep up with news from the U.S. Senate

The link to keep up with news from the U.S. House of Representatives

Texas Politics

The link to keep up with the Texas Legislature

I hate politics. It's stressful and I hate the way stress feels in my body. Anxiety takes hold and doesn't let go for the longest time. In the meantime, I tremble, feel sick, can't quite think straight. In short, I feel like a bumbling idiot. I know I am smart, well-educated, usually well-spoken, but when stress starts to speak for me I come across as possessing everything except those characteristics.

Understanding the political process from an academic perspective is hard enough. Throw in the human element - all those people with their goals, values, and unique personalities - and voila! You have yourself a tangled pot of spaghetti akin to that found in Strega Nona.

No comments:

Post a Comment