Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Death


Warning: Possible trigger

Dance with Death

My body will rot in the ground.
Will I, like a serpent, then shed
my skin to gain a life new found?
It’s a mortal spirit I dread.
I want eternal life instead.
Do I get new life and new limb?
Shall I to nothingness be wed?
He invites me to dance with Him.

Taking His hand to dance, I’m bound
to Him. To the ball I am led.
In His arms, we twirl round and round.
My death, guaranteed, is ahead.
Fear grips the life before me spread.
I won’t accept an end so grim.
I cling to life thus live in dread.
He invites me to dance with Him.

But music beyond does resound.
From the thick mire where dwells the dead
does beauty arise and surround
my body. All terror has fled.
I am pulled into earth’s sweet bed.
My mind succumbed to the sweet hymn.
The light of life from me was bled
He invites me to dance with him.

For time my soul in dark was fed.
Then all around was not so dim.
This side the veil my name was said.
He invites me to dance with Him.

by Jennifer Clark (c) April 2013


For more information about the 2013 Blogging from A to Z Challenge see the website of the same name.
For more information about National Poetry Writing Month go to the NaPoWriMo website.

No comments:

Post a Comment