Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pillars

Ancient Egyptian Tarot
As part of NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) I tried my hand at a form of poetry called Fibonacci. It's based on the Fibonacci series that's built by adding the last two numbers of the list together to create the next number in the list.  Like this....
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, etc.
Do you see it? Add the first two numbers together to make the third. Add the second and third numbers to make the fourth. Each number in the series determines the number of syllables in each line.

I'm also participating in the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge. It's tough to keep up, to post every day and I don't really succeed. I spend time on Saturdays and Sundays writing posts for more than one day. It's good work for me. I'm always amazed at what the final result looks like. I start with one idea and strike out in that direction but somewhere along the way I invariably follow some side trail into unfamiliar territory. 

Pillars

by Jennifer Clark (c) April 20, 2013

Life.
Death.
Between
these pillars
all chaos and calm
tumbles, rambles, crumbles, and grows.
Bitter and better, crueler and  kinder. I'm tired.
Between the pillars the wheel turns, torn, born, torn again. House falls, death calls, I crawl to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment