Friday, April 19, 2013

Q is for Quest

Do you find ever find yourself trying to figure out your purpose? Of course you do. Doesn't everyone?

My friend, K (for anonymity's sake), knew what she was supposed to do before she even graduated from high school. She started on her career path way back then and has stayed on it all these years. The real kicker is that she still loves her job. She's had issues with coworkers and bosses through the years, but she's always loved what she does. How many people can say that?

Me? My quest for what I am really meant to do in this life continues and I'm getting a little old to still be searching.

I wonder if a person can make a decision that will send their life down a path they were never really supposed to be on. I wonder if events initiated by the decisions of others can forever alter life in a manner that should never have happened. I guess I'm really wondering if it's possible to be on a road that never leads to the thing you were meant to do and be.

What if we have no ultimate purpose, nothing we are meant to do? If that's the case, then all of this is a moot point.

No comments:

Post a Comment